An ultrasonic rotary horn intended to be excited at a frequency of from about 18 to about 60 kHz, which horn is a shaped, solid object having a rotational axis and a radial surface terminated by a first end and a second end.
Email : email@example.com
The horn is racially symmetrical. The thickness of the horn at the rotational axis is greater than the width of the horn at the radial surface. The diameter, width, and thickness of the horn are selected for a desired frequency so that the horn, upon being excited by ultrasonic energy at such frequency which is input at the rotational axis at, and substantially perpendicular to, one or both ends, is adapted to resonate in a manner such that:
- The excited end moves substantially in phase with the movement of the source of excitation.
- The opposing end, whether or not it is actively excited, moves substantially out of phase with the movement of the excited end.
- The radial work-contacting surface also moves substantially out of phase with the movement of the excited end.
- In addition, the first end and the second end have a substantially convex configuration which comprises a central, circular, flat portion which is concentric with the rotational axis and a generally concave portion from the flat portion to said radial
- The horn exhibits a single nodal point at its geometric center.
- Working ultrasonic rotating horns / sonotrode frequency: 20 kHz, 23 kHz, 25 kHz (sound of silence), 30 kHz, 35 kHz, 36 kHz, 40 kHz.and up to 80 kHz.
- Can be anodized, for even more ware